Tuesday, February 27, 2007

The Golden Words

We all are taught from class I tht don't panic when things go out of track , don't panic when ur on verge of losing something u thought was in ur grasp ,don't panic in do or die situations jus be calm and remember the golden words DON't PANIC!! . Well,I was caught in similar situation some 48 hours ago .I was working on my movie 'Check Mate!',the editing part was done and it needed jus 4 clicks to get the movie in complete form.

Step1 :- save movie file as...
No problem with this step, done efficiently.

Step2 :- Enter name and destination
CheckMate and D:\ ,again not too much to ask for

Step3 :- Best fit in size...
Did'nt even bothered to look at the options

Step4:- Here comes the most crucial step
I clicked the "next->" button and then came the message -"the source files tht are being used in ur project are either been deleted , renamed or not located so ur project cannot be saved ."

I was flabbergasted .My mind was filled with cauldron of thoughts .Have I lost my footage ,Is it over?, I shot it nearly for 6 hrs at three different locations ,invested 4 hrs in editing was all this superfluous , jus did'nt knew what to do .Then I rushed to Ajeet's room ,my walk was faster than his pace to extrude his words .He came to my room ,had a nice look at the screen, tried those 4steps which by now I had acquired perfection in .Then after 2 min of pondering(which is quite long by his ethics) he came up with the solution -"ur movie has been deleted u will hv to start all over again ." OMG ! what hv i done i shud hv created the backup .Everything seemed to be over and then suddenly remembered the person who along with me has been in similar situations before ,'The Savior -Dinesh Agarwal ' .Not wasting even a fraction of a second I zipped to the Club House where he was practicing for his play (tht's gud part abt DTG people they are easily available :P)
and made him aware of the panorama .Wht first he said are the golden words which were taught to me some 15 years ago and I am being reminded of them every now and then but somehow I forget them when I need to remember them the most.The words were - "Don't Panic!" .He came to my room and it took him jus 2min to fix the problem.And the problem was tht few files were dislocated .I jus had to place them in correct folder .Solving this problem was definitely not as hard as climbing up the ben, wht all it needed was a cool head and bit of patience .As they say -"All's well tht ends well " ,finally my movie is ready to be released.So jus wait for few days...


CheckMate!.....soon in LT near you .

2 comments:

Ajeet said...

well u must have heard some thing lik e "technology is bound to fail u sometimes" all that comes to rescue is ur cool head so keep it running... and u asked me abt that wen i was just out of my bed from a sound sleep neways dinesh sir was good as always... :) hope ur movie releases soon and seeing it shud look like that it was sorth for that much panic... :P :P :P

richa said...

Glad to know that you got your movie back.. :)
I hope you have made a hundred backups by now.. ;)