Wednesday, June 13, 2007

changingG Guards

I have never been a great follower of Tennis but past few months have witnessed my interest burgeoning towards this wonderful game .The reason for my hosility was not that I didn't had any intrest in the game but it was more to do with my passion towards cricket .But now slowly but surely my interest towards cricket seems to be dwindling .There are so many reasons behind this and one of the primary reason being that of India's debacle in recent WC.I haven't played since quite some time and I hope to see myself sprinting in the fields soon ,bending my legs and kicking the ball but then I am not sure whether I will be able to do this cuz in past I have seen my plans being thrased quite brutally .



Coming back to my growing intrest towards Tennis the credit goes to Mr. Ajeet Singh Sekhawat and his droolmaal Federer .It was fun arguing with him .Arguments started with any small talks or his patent actions but then they needed some weird counterpoints to survive for long and in midst of all this bak going on ,mention of his madness towards Fed-Ex was mandatory .Well this might not be convincing reason to follow Tennis and fairly so I mean you don't need any reason to watch Sharapova play (playing is not an important part).After watching few games I was gaining interest in the technical aspects of the game .When should a player charge at the net or why it is impotant to rally or player's position on court while playing a volly all these questions existed before but may be I wasn't aware of them .And thanks to my encounter with Bjorn Borg's autobiography which only aggravated my affection towards the game I decided to keep track of The French Open and though I wasn't able to follow all the tennis action but I certainly was enthralled by few matches that I saw .It was great to see Henin playing some extraordinary backhands and in the final Federer being crucified by the Spaniard(well may be I am exaggerating it a bit but then it's ok when you have Ajeet as one your blog's reader).Now ,I am desperately waiting for the Wimbledon to start and more importantly I want to be at home during the tournament so that I can catch up with all the action .Competition at Wimbledon as always would be tough and with Fed-Ex desperate for vengeance against Nadal we might expect great Tennis.I would like to see Carlos Moya advancing atleast to the semis .I saw one his matches and he was simply outstanding .As far as women's category is concern I definitely don't want the Russian gal to lose before the finals and sincerely hope to see Sania Mirza forging into 3rd round .This is my first post related to game other than cricket and I hope to come up with few more in near future.

1 comment:

Prabhu Dutta Das said...

Bole toh ekdum mast leekha hai beedu... French open saw the demise of federer's hope of wimnning at the clay....