Friday, November 30, 2007

Mr. Feynman U must have been joking

At times you get inspired by what you see, hear or read. You try to imitate things that leave mark on your thoughts. At times you get things right while sometimes you land up in complete mess.During Diwali vacations I was reading this wonderful book about physicists Richard Feynman. I was truly amazed by the way he thought. Observing each and every thing with immense scrutiny, trying new things and applying commonsense to solve even the most difficult of problems. A true genius he was.

Now, two days before Diwali I was suppose to fix up a series of holders as few of the holders weren't proper. All I had to do was to call an electrician and give him the series and then collect it from him in couple hours of time. Simple enough, right. But then came Mr. Feynman. I thought why not try it myself after all I supposedly will be an engineer some time from now. What I didn't realize that it was not ICT engineer's domain that I was stepping in (quite true, till now I haven't done anything that an ICT engineer would do or I still don't know what they are suppose to do or are they suppose to do anything?). So, here I was with series of holders and dozens of bulbs checking each of them .Everything was fine till I tested 3 of them but then it was boom bam bam bam boooo...(a bulb broke).......aaaaaaa (cousin shouted) and (dhamdham dham dham dham...)I zipped to turn off the main switch downstairs and when I rushed back into the room it was smoke all over the place. In short I turned a series of holders which was not properly working to not completely working. So, my curiosity landed me in complete mess. I was exaggeratedly counseled for next next half an hour and then to cool my counselors down I told them that it was nothing but a few crackers before Diwali :P.Next day dad called up the electrician and then we had a brand new series for Diwali this time. It looked great on Diwali night :).

No comments: