Tuesday, May 22, 2007

They said it in style..

Here are quotes from my favourite sportsmen .These legends have been tested time and again and every time they passed with flying colours .Salute to their indomitable spirit..


The mark of great sportsmen is not how good they are at their best, but how good they are their worst.
-Martina Navratilova

You have to expect things of yourselves before you can do them.
-Michael Jordan

Pain is temporary. It may last a minute, or an hour, or a day, or a year, but eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. If I quit, however, it lasts forever.
-Lance Armstrong

For myself, losing is not coming second. It's getting out of the water knowing you could have done better. For myself, I have won every race I've been in.
-Ian Thorpe

You should live your own life and live up to your own expectations, and those are the only things I really care about it.
-Tiger Woods

Scientists have proven that it's impossible to long-jump 30 feet, but I don't listen to that kind of talk. Thoughts like that have a way of sinking into your feet.
-Carl Lewis

Never say die .
-Steve Waugh

At least with me, the match starts much, much earlier than the actual match.
-Sachin Tendulkar

and this one is my favourite..

I wanted my macho moment in winner's enclosure rather than during a few isolated points in the match .
Bjorn Borg

No comments: